What I mean by advertising here is not just that: advertising. What I mean is more to “Think Marketing Communications” rather than simply “Think Advertising”.
Therefore, probably I should change the title of this article into: “Online Network Marketing Advertising & Marketing Communications Strategy”. Sounds better, right?
Ok, let’s move on.
It is to create a bond between YOU–not the program–and your downlines or your prospects. It is to build you as a Brand. As an Online Network Marketing Brand that gives meaningful values for your customers.
In this strategy, you have to cover the following points:
1) MARKETING OBJECTIVE – You need to set-up the amount of income you aim to get at the end of the year after you run your Advertising and Marketing Communications Campaign. For example, your Marketing Objective can be:
“Earn at least $10,000 monthly residual income or $120,000 annually”.
2) ADVERTISING AND COMMUNICATIONS OBJECTIVE – The difference between this and point number 1 is Marketing Objective is talking about numbers. About achievement money wise. Advertising and Marketing communications Objective is talking about what happens in your customers’ minds after being exposed to your campaign.
A) Build awareness of you as a successful Network Marketer in your customers’ minds. An expert whose advices should be followed to succeed.
B) Build your name as a trusted “BRAND NAME” in the Online Network Marketing industry.
C) Build positive rapport and make your prospects or downlines perceive you as their “profit source”.
D) Convince your prospects that to join and stay with the program you offer is a smart and profitable choice.
You see, the basic content in the point #2 of this strategy is first arising Awareness, second generating Interest, third provoking Desire, fourth motivating Action and the last building Loyalty. In short, it’s AIDAL. (A slight improvement of the old AIDA theory.)
3) TARGET AUDIENCE – Here you should clearly understand who you are talking to. It depends on the products and services offered by the program you join. If the program you join offers Autoresponder Accounts, Leads, and Web Design Templates, for example, then the Target Audience of your Advertising and Marketing Communications campaign are Internet Marketers, Network Marketers and people who want to profit from their Internet Marketing and Network Marketing activities. If your program offers Diet Pills, then your target audience are overweight people. But don’t stop there. Dig deeper. Dive into their minds and try to find out what their worries, needs or wants are. In short, try to know them just like you know yourself.
4) BENEFITS – Why should people join the programs? And why should they join under you? Based on your knowledge about your Target Audience, first, list down the benefits of the programs that will appeal most to them. Once you’ve done that, think that your competitors are not only people who promote other programs but also those who promote the same program you join. Therefore, you should provide added benefits for your prospects, so they’ll get more values to join a program under you than under anyone else.
“If you join under me, I’ll personally help you so you’ll get at least 3 Paid Downlines in 30 days.”
5) SUPPORTS – Convince your Target Audience that they will get the benefits as promised. State here your arguments that will back-up your claims at point number 4.
“In the past, I’ve personally helped hundreds of my downlines to earn between $750 and $11,000 monthly residual income. Click here to see their testimonials. They are real.”
6) POSITIONING – Here you are talking about how you want your Target Audience to perceive your program and, more important, YOU in their minds. If your program provides excellent products and services needed and wanted by millions of people world wide, you might position it as “a cash machine that lasts” and you can position yourself as “a certified technician that can teach people how to operate that machine the best way for the best results”.
7) TONE AND MANNER – This is about how you deliver your messages to your Target Audience in your campaign. It’s about the way you talk to them. You can be Authoritative, Factual and Full of Confidence, if you already succeed with your program and you want your Target Audience to follow your path to be as successful as you are. But you can also be Helpful, Friendly, and Resourceful, when you just start your campaign and haven’t had worth mentioning results yet.
CAMPAIGN ACTIVITIES – List down here the advertising and marketing communications activities you’d like to do to Build Your Name as a Trusted Brand Name in the Network Marketing industry and to promote your program to your target audience, for example:
- Writing articles and submit them to appropriate ezines and article directories.
- Google AdWords Campaign
- Solo Ads in appropriate ezines
- Forum posting
- You name it.
I always believe that “Once a great strategy is done, a great Advertising and Marketing Communications campaign is half done”. So, once you’ve done writing your own strategy, congratulations! You’ve reached half of your Network Marketing success. The other half is to implement this strategy to the fullest. And that’s the topic of the next article.